Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Prison, Photography, Places

There are some places you go or activities you do that fill your heart and bring incredible joy.

One of these places for me is prison.

{Okay, fine, I will explain instead of letting you figure that one out..}

I volunteer in prison twice a week every other week. I go to two different prisons and I love it. I don't always feel like going, but afterward, I'm on a high, because there is something deeply profound about connecting with another individual and I hope they receive at least half of the blessing that I receive from being with them.

A couple years ago, when I first started volunteering with W2, I had absolutely no idea what to expect. But i have grown comfortable there and am thankful for the friendships I am building and I am continually being encouraged and challenged by those I meet with. I am continually humbled. And infused with hope.

Lately I feel as though life is an absolute whirlwind tornado of activity. Things to do, places to go, people to see. It is busy, but at the same time I am LOVING it! I don't always enjoy the feeling of having a lot of things that need to get done, nor do I like the fact that my schedule isn't always open to planning more things, but that's okay. So instead of getting swept away in the busy-ness of it, I am trying to enjoy every moment of the insanity and be swept away in the tornado!

Today is Nature Photography Day. My next post will be a sharing of the nature photographs I took today. You should go take some too-I would love to see them. Today is also National Fly a Kite Day. So I will make a kite and fly it as well. Perhaps you should go find a kite to fly?

Have fun!

{And by the way, my other favorite two cities would probably be... Vancouver and Quebec City and Montreal. That's four, but I'm okay with that. :) }

I would also like to point out that I now have more blog posts for 2010 than I did for 2009. I am hopeful that I will far exceed that number. ;)

1 comment:

Lovella ♥ said...

I so admire you for your involvement in W2. I have known men to do that but you are the first woman to take that challenge on. I walked past the table on the weekend at church and again thought it is special people who are willing to give their time like that.
Blessings on you Vanessa.