Monday, June 21, 2010

Menopause, Mom, 'Mazing!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A bit happy birthday shout out to my fantastic mom today!!

She is pretty fantastic. And a wonderful mom! She is one of my favorite travel companions, is always there for me, puts up with my crazy antics and my verbal diarrhea, does laundry for me when my machines aren't hooked up and I don't have time to stay at her house to do it, helps me out with youth events, and the list could go on and on and on...
It is a blessing to have her in my life and I am excited to celebrate her birthday today!! And to celebrate the richness that has been evident in it.

We started a bit early yesterday. First we met my friend Sandy for lunch at a restaurant called Eight, which was super good! All fresh food and really tasty!

Then we wandered Granville Island for a while, checked out some Asian markets, went to a musical, went for gelato and enjoyed just walking around downtown!
We were at Starbucks sitting in the sun and my mom was amazed at how incredibly hot her face was and kept asking me if her face was actually in the shade... Finally she looked up and realized there were blazing hot heaters above us! So, with the combination of sun on us and the heaters, it felt like a 30 degree day!
{Not sure if my mom now copies my facial expressions, or if perhaps it's genetic?}
We tried a new fruit called, salak, and it is perhaps one of my new favorites!! I love it and want to go buy some more! You peel off the outer skin and eat the inside as is. I'd say it was kind of like a lychee nut, but I like the texture WAY better! It's kind of acidic but sweet. It's from Indonesia.
We went to Menopause the musical, which was absolutely hilarious. The women in it were exceptional and it was fun hearing all the women laughing because they could totally relate. And the music was super fun too! And the lyrics hilarious!
And then we ended our day with some gelato from my fave place in Vancouver. Mmm... tasty! I made her try the basil and garlic flavors before we got the chocolate ones. ;)

So, happy birthday Mom! Hope you have an amazing and fantastic day- you deserve it! Love you!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ha! Your mom pulls the best faces. My favourite is the roller-coaster one. :)