Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Roadtrip, Rockies, Rockin'

I LOVE road trips. There's something about being on the open road, seeing incredibly beautiful landscapes around you, hanging out with friends, enjoying good snacks, listening to fun music, having dance parties and getting increasingly excited about the final destination.

{Bethany and some of the snacks.. I made roasted red pepper hummus! So good!}
There are a few of us girls from Bible school that love to travel for each other's weddings. A few years ago, Jacquelyn, Bethany and I drove down to Colorado for Rachel's wedding. The year after, we flew down to Colorado and drove down around there for Amanda's wedding. So, for Jacquelyn's wedding, we decided that another road trip was indeed in store.
The only problem: I live in British Columbia, Bethany lives in Saskatchewan and the wedding was in Alberta.
Thankfully I'm a master of persuasion, so I convinced Bethany to fly out to Vancouver in order to drive to Alberta with me. :) Figure that one out.
But.. she had never driven through the Rockies and I said that was a MUST because they are indeed stunning, beautiful, inspiring, majestic.. oh I could go on. how I love mountains. And creation. They are an incredible reflection of the greatness and grandeur of God. To see creation in all its glory is to see God reflected around me and it makes me feel alive.
So on Thursday, Bethany flew in at 10:30am and we started our trek to Calgary. My GPS is sometimes silly and so at first it told us the drive would take 20 hours. Right. So according to that, we made incredible time!
Every time I saw a lake or mountain, I may have excitedly proclaimed "MOUNTAIN!" "LAKE!" Okay, maybe not every time, but quite often. I get excited. You'd think I'd never seen a mountain before.
We arrived in Calgary on Thursday night to my friend Lindie's house where we would be staying for the weekend.
I hope to return to the mountains very very soon. Perhaps camp along the way. Hike in them. Enjoy being outside. For now, I'll just look at my pictures and enjoy the beauty of them and allow them to take my breath away.
So, hope you've enjoyed these photos. (Blogger was being very silly about allowing me to upload them...)

And more to come very soon on wedding fun!


And I love the reflection of the mountain I got on the hood of my vehicle. I love reflections!


MOUNTAIN!

Have a wonderful day. I'm going to go on another sushi judging extravaganza with Brooke, then off to a BBQ this evening!

3 comments:

Elsie said...

Yay for road trips! I always like that feeling of freedom as you drive far away from home, running away from everyday life. The mountains are truly spectacular. Your hair looks great too : )

Lovella ♥ said...

I love road trips too and the rockies are one of my favorites too. Wonderful shots.

Laura said...

Those mountains are beautiful. I love mountains. And your new hair.