Friday, June 18, 2010

Sandbar, Spelling, Sanity

Last night, I went for dinner at the Sandbar on Granville Island with my friends Dave and Adri. It was a wonderful time to hang out but also to thank them for the time they have given this year to helping out with youth. I have appreciated serving alongside of them and getting to know them better! And I am incredibly excited to travel to South Africa with them in a few months and to meet their family out there!

Anyway, after dinner, we went to see 'The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee' which is playing through July 31st at the Granville Arts Stage Theatre. It was hilarious! We enjoyed it and if you are looking for a fun musical to see this summer, go check it out! Some of my favorite singers/actors from other musicals I have seen are in it and they are absolutely fantastic.
Life this last week has been a little bit crazy and I have not been getting nearly as much sleep as needed. Four hours a night is definitely not enough! So I am trying to maintain my sanity and remember that my reactions to things are mainly a result of lack of sleep. Tomorrow I am helping run 'The Amazing Race' with our jr. and sr. youth and it's a lot of work putting it all together.. but it's coming together and it should be fun (hopefully not impossible)... but I am looking forward it to being done because then there will be less on my plate!

And yay for it being Friday! I can't believe time is flying by so fast. I realized yesterday that I need to get a new passport so I will be doing that today or Monday in hopes of getting it back in a week because I need it by July 4th!

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: