Thursday, June 10, 2010

Perfect, Peter's, Pretty

I'm not always the biggest fan of weddings in theory. Probably because I go to a lot of them. Usually about 10-12 per year. But generally I enjoy them. Sometimes they're a bit redundant, but then when I think of what I would do if I got married, I'd probably do pretty much the same thing (unless I went with my waterslides wedding idea, which by the way, is brilliant). Anyway, part of what I do love about weddings is hanging out with friends and also celebrating an incredible transition in a couple's life.

On Friday, Bethany and I headed with Jacquelyn to the hall to set up for the ceremony. It was great to be able to help and wonderful to just hang out as well.

On Saturday, Jenn and I went out for our traditional Calgary breakfast and then we got ready for the wedding and headed to the church. We had fun taking some photos before the ceremony!

Jacquelyn was such a beautiful bride. Here's her dad walking her down the aisle.
I had never met Ross before but had talked to him once on skype shortly while I was with Jacquelyn. Having met him the day before, hearing more about them and seeing them both together made me overjoyed, because I saw more and more how incredibly perfect they are for each other. They just seem to fit perfectly. I'm super happy for Jacquelyn and it was so great to celebrate with them and I loved how laid back she was with everything and it was a beautiful day.

The bridesmaids' dresses were incredibly cool and original as well!


At the beginning of the ceremony, Jacquelyn got a bottle of red wine spilled on the front of her dress.. Eep. But thankfully it came out thanks to club soda! Here they are serving everyone dessert.

Bethany and Josh, the MC's

After the program, there was a dance which was super fun. I danced the entire time. met some new people as well which was cool.
The next day, Jenn picked us up in a convertible and we drove around Calgary enjoying the beautiful day! Calgary is a nice city, but being there does remind me of why I am thankful for our rainy winters/springs, because everything around us is really green in BC and I love that! Although Calgary is beuatiful in its own ways, at this time of year, a lot of it is still barren and brown and so it makes me grateful for our climate because I do love the green!
Peter's Drive-In was having free milkshake day. So we headed there for free milkshakes. They have 4500 different flavour combinations you can try-crazy!
And I love it when you go to take a picture and realize your camera was still zoomed in.. so I thought I would post it because it was funny. :)

Waiting in line at Peter's (which for free milkshake day wasn't actually that long!)

Then we went to a beautiful viewpoint of the city where you can see mountains in the background. :)
That evening, Lindie, Erin and I went to my favorite restaurant in Calgary, 'Open Sesame'. It's similar to Mongolie Grill, but WAY better. You get to pick what meat you want and which rice/noodle and then you get a bowl. And you get to fill the bowl with as much sauce and veggies that you possibly can and then you bring it up and they mix it all together. So the price is fixed and not by weight, which is so much nicer! And it's so tasty too!
That night I decided to spontaneously add a trip to Edmonton to my trip, so I drove up north and then stopped in Fort Saskatchewan for night to visit my friend Anne.
It was nice just driving the open road and enjoying the sunset. The pictures are slightly blurry because they were through the window, but they give you an idea of how beautiful the sunset was!

And here was the view from my rear-view mirror.
And a little bit more on the Edmonton stint of my trip later! Until then! Enjoy your Thursday! :)

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Free milkshakes - how generous! I chuckled when I enlarged the picture to look at those funky bridesmaids dresses, because everyone's eyes make them look like their bodies have been taken over by aliens or something : )

Laura said...

I love those bridesmaids dresses! It looked like a very unique wedding. Also, I am jealous of free milkshakes. What flavour did you get?? SO MANY OPTIONS.