Monday, June 28, 2010

Tandem, Thursday, Treacherous

Despite almost being killed on the back of a tandem bike, Thursday was a delightful day of adventures in Vancouver with my friend Maia. We decided we would spend a last day in the city before she goes away for five months, and the adventures we had were fantastic!

We rented a tandem bike for 2 hours and drove around the sea wall. I was the first one driving.. and all was fine. :)
Maia even found in the back that she could ride with no hands and take pictures at her leisure instead.
I was able to multi-task driving and taking photos

We even stopped at a few places so I could connect with my inner child again...
And then Maia took the wheel. Apparently we were slightly shaky. Our bike wobbled and we finally got going after MANY attempts. Then a tree jumped in front of us, we wobbled a lot and almost fell over which most likely inevitably would have led to our deaths. Okay, perhaps slightly dramatic, but I may have yelped a little.
In fact, people were all laughing at us who passed and some even took pictures of us.. I figure it's because we're famous.

Classic black and white :)
Then we met up with our little red statue friends and had a bit of a photoshoot.

Then we picked up Jannie who had gone home to get some semi-formal clothes (oops.. that may have been my fault for joking with him that the evening was semi-formal and him not realizing I was kidding.. hehehe)
Went for dinner and then to see Buddy Holly the musical! It was super fun and very rock and roll. We had a great evening with a lot of laughs and good times!

In 20 hours, Maia will be heading off on a plane to South Africa! Crazy! But I am excited that I will see her there in four months time!

No comments: