Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May, Mummifying, Mayhem

Someone mentioned today that their birthday is in May. I proceeded to proclaim "Oh, that's so exciting that it's coming up then, what day is it?" Then I realize that it is now June. Wow. Where did May go? And why didn't it tell me it was here and has already left?

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes {I apologize if I have already shared it}: "Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes." So true. Perhaps a bit too true.

This last weekend was very full again. But also had some relaxing in it too which was well needed. Plus that online class that I keep forgetting I am taking. I went to Eat Vancouver on Saturday with my mom, Brooke and Colleen. While we were there, we met up with Maia, Dave and Adri and we all went to a cheese tasting.
I learned a lot about cheese. And it was fun to try it too! Did you know that you should wash your hands before you touch cheese? And wrap it in new saran/ziploc whenever you put it back in the fridge? Otherwise it increases the chance of mold growth tenfold. Interesting.
The cheese was tasty! And the company was great! We were exhausted by the end of the day but tried a lot of great stuff. I even tried Kangaroo sliders! Yum! They were tasty! Hope to pick some up sometime as a matter of fact.. along with some camel burgers.
Saturday evening, I was blessed to babysit five wonderful children while their parents went to a wedding. They decided it would be fun to mummify each other. It was quite funny actually. And they knew a lot of information about how mummies are mummified in ancient Egypt. I was impressed. And it was a fun evening!

Sunday I was on worship team at church, then had a mexico missions meeting/luncheon, then I had a bbq with people who had been involved with worship arts at church and then hung out with a friend in the evening. Busy day, but great to see different people and get to know some people even better.

Today I had to take my vehicle in to get serviced and Maia was kind enough to rescue me. We enjoyed breakfast at IHOP {I thought it would be fun to hop into the restaurant but that sadly did not happen.. next time?} Then we came home and watched 'My Fair Lady.'

After getting home from prison volunteering tonight, I had a bunch of people at my place {who were there before me.. haha} and we enjoyed cheesecake {which I have far too much leftover of} and watched 7 Brides for 7 Brothers- GREAT musical! so fun! I think I have seen parts of it before, but it was great to watch all of it.
Cedric joined us for breakfast.
And my favorite little man, who I realize is not so much a baby anymore as he walks/runs to me! Crazy how time flies!!
And here is my impulsive move of the day: cutting my hair. Initial reaction: hatred.

It's growing on me (literally.. hahahaha). A bit too short for my liking, but I guess I wasn't clear enough when giving my mom instructions! My fault! Oh well, the nice thing about hair is that it grows back! Phewf.

Life feels like pure tornado mayhem of late. I'm tired. But excited for everything that is happening. Now I'm off to bed so I can wake up bright and early for breakfast in the hot tub with a friend! Great way to start the day! Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love the new hair! Short is always hard to get used to - I've found that as well. But I'm glad you're starting to like it more!