Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer, Strawberries, Solstice

Today is June 21st which means SUMMER!!!!!

I saw crates of strawberries being delivered today and was in awe because for some reason that symbolized summer in that moment to me. And the rich redness in the strawberries, show the richness of experiences that will come this summer and the juices, the sweetness (I know I'm sappy, it's okay)

I must admit that in the past summer has not really been my favorite season. Well.. I don't know if I have an overly favorite season, but I think I am usually not around during the summer to fully enjoy it, but this summer will be different and I am STOKED! I made a bucket list for the summer with my youth and am excited to start checking some of the things off {once I find it I will share it here!}

Summer has started with 7am tennis. Not smart when you go to bed at 2am, but very fun nonetheless. Except for the fact that your muscles don't function properly with lack of sleep. But next time I expect to be spry and alert. And perhaps I shall relax on that lovely bench as well.
I love tennis and want to become an avid tennis player this summer {riiiiiight}. Hopefully the courts get fixed soon though. The first courts we went to had no fence and no nets. Minor detail. Good tennis players don't need fences surrounding the courts, right?

{Breakfast of champions! Cereal full of fruit and goodness!!}
And Chrystal won the competition, so she will get a prize once I decide what the prize shall be... Good work Chrystal! :)

This weekend I am going camping in Hope, followed by a missions trip to Mexico to build houses, followed by stagette in Whistler, hopefully followed by a trip to New York, followed by Desiree's wedding (but that one's local), followed by a trip to the island, followed by a trip to Portland, followed by a trip to AUSTRALIA!!!

(Okay, so maybe I won't be around that much... but in my mind I will be!!)

{My mom is funny. Yay for trying new fruit and being excited about it!}

This summer I'm looking forward to canoeing, trying new fruit, swimming, bbqs, bonfires, camping, traveling, youth events, musicals, concerts, movies, walks, kite flying, tennis, golfing, random adventures in Vancouver and so much more!!

Happy first day of Summer everyone! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Laura said...

"canoeing, trying new fruit, swimming, bbqs, PORTLAND?!?!?!?!?!" Dude, it's the biggest used bookstore in North America. It should be on your list! :)

ps- now I am craving strawberries. mmmmmmmmm.

Angela said...

That's a fruit????? I though it looked like sausage of some kind! Sounds like a full summer of fun...enjoy!

kelly ens said...

i totally echo Angela's comment...i thought it was a sausage of some sort too...
have FUN on your summer travels! :)