Sunday, June 20, 2010

Race, Rapid, Red

Although I have only ever seen the Amazing Race on TV once or twice, I really enjoyed putting on the amazing race event! I didn't really know what I was doing, but it all turned out really great!

The final clue was to build a puzzle and find the message on the back. My favorite was when teams flipped it over and it broke in the flipping so they had to rebuilt a bunch of it. :)
Counting the books in the library. These guys got dropped off at the wrong library initially and the taxi driver took off, leaving them to have to run to the church..

I LOVE that the taxis were lined up at the fence before the game started. Our parents were amazing taxi drivers! They were hilarious.. speaking other languages, going the wrong way, stopping for gas, chatting with people they knew on the streets... After one taxi ride one of the group leaders said "This taxi ride made my kids not want to take a taxi anymore.."

Before the race, we had a BBQ and it was fun to hang out and enjoy good food and company and hang out during the beautiful evening we had!
All in all a fantastic night! Now I kind of want to put on an amazing race just for my friends or something. Would be fun. :) Perhaps a midsummer's party! One more youth event for the year! Crazy that time has flown by so fast!

No comments: