Friday, December 5, 2008

Fifth, Food, Finishing

Happy fifth day of December. This is a really tired Vanessa writing who didn't want to blog today but didn't want to break the december tradition. So I will make it quick.

This is what made today better than yesterday:
-I made jamjams with Desiree
-I went to the prison and we had a Christmas party there with lots of food. it was neat because there was a girl there from mexico who didn't speak english and for as long as she's been there she has had no one to talk to. I was able to use my scant bit of spanish and have a conversation with her and it was cool because i know she really appreciated it. yay for school coming in handy! made me think more of taking spanish next semester.. hmmm...
-went and celebrated my friend Kacey's bday with her and a bunch of peeps
-finished one/sixth of my big chunks of marking.

Huzzah. I'm off to bed. More excitingness tomorrow.

2 comments:

Chrys said...

you get away with it this time.
Yay for actually using spanish! that is very exciting.
I just realized that by following your example of blogging about why each day is great that i actually have to blog every day...we'll see how long that lasts!

Tamara said...

Hello Vanessa,

I don't know if you know me or not. I am Crystal's cousin from Manitoba...I have met you but I don't blame you if you don't remember me..usually those introductions are very quick and to a lot of new people at the same time! Anyway, I enjoy your blog. I read it from time to time, and like your writing style. First, I have to say I'm very impressed that you back into your stalls. I HATE backing of any kind. In fact, I backed into a car the other week in a dark parking lot. My first "accident" EVER!! Thankfully it was very minor and basically no damage. That's beside the point.

Second, my husband and I went to the Bahamas for our honeymoon 2 years ago. We stayed at the Sandals resort, but went to Atlantis for a day. It was really really cool, and you picked a great place to go!! I will send Crystal some pics if I can figure it out.

And thirdly.....have you noticed the black backround with white writing makes your eyes go all buggy......AHHHHH!!!!! :)) I think it's great that you and Crystal are such great friends, and wish I had someone like that too! We just moved this year, so I am in the process of meeting new people and finding friends, but it takes awhile to grow a great one! Have a great December!

Tamara