Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wildcat, Weekend, Weddings

I am incredibly thankful for my friends. And lately I have been so grateful for the new friendships I have been building in Langley. A few years ago, when I felt like I needed to stay around and put down roots, I never would have imagined it would be so great as it is so far. To build community and invest in it is a beautiful thing and I am blessed.

The weekend (as you can see by the previous posts) was full of dance parties, BBQ's, hanging out with friends and playing with puppy.

Sunday night, we had a braii, which is a South African version of our BBQ, where everyone brings their own meat and a sharing dish. As always, the meal was amazing, the company wonderful and we played some fun games aftewards too.

Cooking away in the kitchen


PUPPY!! (who is presently howling in the bathroom. oops)

I found some time for cleaning and organizing this weekend. Saturday morning I cleaned my deck which has been on the to do list for two years now! Scrubbing the mildew and gunk off all the railings took about three hours and I only sliced one of my fingers open on the scraped back metal. But now it's sparkly clean and it reminds me of how I should be concerned of how obsessed I am with cleaning. But somehow cleaning stuff on the outside makes me feel like life is more orderly and clean on the inside. Or something.

puppy!! because she's cute. :)

Heather and I decided to drive out to Chilliwack to visit our friend Kristen at work, at the Wildcat Grille. With a quick stop to visit Elle's godparents, we were on our way. Heather was the "cat" in Wildcat an I was the "wild". We had fun having a running commentary on Kristen's stellar waitressing. :) She's my favorite waitress for sure hands down.



Anne and I embracing ourselves. (there was a context to this.. I just don't remember it)


Enjoying some very very late night cards. And then slumber party!!

A few people stayed for night and then we enjoyed playing some cards this morn. In the evening, Dave, Adri and I headed to my mom's for a BBQ and some hot tub and swimming action. It was wonderful. We BBQ'd salmon and enjoyed wine and cheese by the hot tub.
Once again, another very full, but very blessed weekend! And a bit scattered in the explaining through a multitude of posts and missing large chunks where I didn't have a camera with me.

As I was sitting in the hot tub today, I thanked God for the fact that He is sovereign over all. I started going to a random church in Langley. And in that perfect timing, I have met a lot of wonderful people who bless me incredibly and make my life even more richer. They are becoming like family to me and I am so grateful! So this is me, expressing my overflowing heart of blessings.

Some things I'm looking forward to right now:
-Couple days in Seattle with Megan to see Fiddler on the Roof!
-Couple days on the island as a getaway with Jocelyn and going to Alex and Ryan's wedding!
-Road trip with Bethany to Calgary, seeing Calgarian friends and Jacquelyn and Ross' wedding!
-Church Camping Trip!
-Birthday Extravaganza Camping/Hiking Trip!
-Roadtrip to Portland with Laura (it's official now that it's on my blog... :) )
-Missions trip to Mexico
-Desiree and Joe's wedding
-Trip to Zambia (Victoria Falls) and South Africa
-Possible trip to New Zealand and Australia!
-many many more BBQ's, swimming parties and random fun adventures!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Woohoo official road trip! We need to plan some details! (Unless you know another person named Laura who you are planning on going to Portland with. Then this is awkward.)