Sunday, May 16, 2010

Washington, White, Weekend

Last night it was my friend Ryan's birthday, so we celebrated in style in White Rock.

I have been getting to know Ryan and his wife Melissa since I started going to the same church as them back in September.
And they are awesome. I think it is a true reflection of being a genuine great friend and person when over 20 people come out to celebrate with you on your birthday! Wow-how great! :)
While waiting for our reservations at the Washington Ave. Grill, we played cards and football outside. Here I am explaining 'Bohnanza', a really fun bean trading/planting game. It's pretty funny to listen to people play it. :)


All of our bean fields...

Three wonderful friends, Adri, Megan and Maia


If you look close enough, you can see Adri and my reflections in her sunglasses.




Karissa and Maia



Melissa, Ryan and Dave


Jamie and Karissa


Dave and Adri

And so ended a lovely Saturday! Well, I had three lovely ladies come over and hang out for quite a while afterwards.

This morning in church, I was really challenged/encouraged by the sermon, speaking about ministry in hard places and from hard places. I talked a bit about my prison ministry at the start of the sermon which got me excited in a new way for serving in prison. But it was also encouraging to think 'What "prisons" of my life does God want to use to spread the gospel and to glorify Himself?" We looked at the passage of Paul when he's in prison. Definitely encouraging and a thinker!

This afternoon I hung out with some friends in Vancouver and we went to see Robin Hood. It was quite good actually. I love Russell Crowe too. Afterwards, my friend Heather and I went out for dinner and now my friends are on their way over for a rousing game of Dutch Blitz! Fun times! Have a great start of the week!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Your weekends are always so full of awesome things - I'm jealous! :) And I LOVE the bean game! I used to play it all the time at TWU. I miss it. I also like your straight hair. (And your curly hair, too. You know how sometimes people are like "Wow! You look amazing in the hair that is not naturally yours that took you foreverlong to do and your regular hair is crap!" That's not what I mean when I say I like your straight hair. haha.)

Anneliese said...

Did you say it was your birthday? Happy Birthday! What a blessing to have so many great friends!