Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cajal, Canoe, Crazy

The beginnings of the weekend have not failed to disappoint! I love weekends. Most people are off work and there's just a lot of fun to be had. I enjoy simply being with people which is something I haven't always been able to do well. I am more activity oriented but i have learned to slow down and just enjoy. But, really, I still like doing stuff. :)

Like Friday, my friend Megan and I went canoeing!! First off, I was super impressed at our incredible canoe tying skills. I am getting WAY better at tying the canoe to my vehicle. Didn't even shake this time!

We went to Alouette Lake in Golden Ears Park and it was BEAUTIFUL! What an incredibly day! (and no, I am not naked in the above photo...) We took the canoe on the water, enjoyed a picnic in the boat and paddled around. At one point the waves were a bit high and splashed into the canoe, but that only added to the random adventureness of it all.
We felt like avid, hardcore canoers. which we are of course.. But what incredible sights. I love mountains.
And we are indeed wild women as the picture below shows...

Megan accidentally dipped her shirt in the water.. and then went to hang it on the side of the canoe... but it was actually still dipping in the water. haha. I laughed quite hard (maybe you had to be there?? hehe)

MOUNTAINS!!

I perhaps got a bit too much sun, but it's turned into a tan already thankfully. Friday night, we had youth night at church which was really fun. All my life I always went to big youth groups, but this one is fairly small but I really love it. No, you can't do some stuff, but you can be a lot more flexible and you get to know each other more as well which is something I really enjoy. We were supposed to have an all nighter which got changed to ending at midnight, which I was thankful for since I've been battling runny nose/sore throat/earache/migraine for the last few days..


Lately I have been finding random piles of mail in my house. Found some in the garage, some in a random closet, some in a bag... so I compiled them all and opened them.. And remembered that it's not good to leave mail sitting around unopened for a month. Then I also remembered that I'm taking an online class.. and maybe I should do this week's work for it since the week is almost over. :) A quote that I absolutely love (might be one of my new favorites!) from my text on biological psychology. Just helps me come back to the wonder and awe of how incredible life is. It was said by Santiago Ramon y Cajal, one of the founders of neuroscience:

"How many interesting facts fail to be converted into fertile discoveries because their first observers regard them as natural and ordinary things1...It is strange to see how the populace, which nourishes its imagination with tales of witches or saints, mysterious events and extraordinary occurrences, disdains the world around it as commonplace, monotonous and prosaic, without suspecting that at bottom it is all secret, mystery, and marvel."

Enjoy your sunny Sunday and stay tuned to find out the fun that was had on Saturday and Sunday! :)

No comments: