Friday, May 7, 2010

Burgers, Believe, Bleak

I'm not a big fan of beef, but I enjoy burgers. So today I made one of my favorite recipes, which is for Mexican turkey burgers! In true Vanessa style, I looked at the recipe and didn't really follow it at all, but used some main ingredients nonetheless (with my own measurements..) And they tasted AMAZING! And they're super good for you and low in fat too!

So, here's the recipe (according to how I made it today):
-package of extra lean turkey meat
-can of refried beans
-2 cups oats
-a bunch of cilantro, chopped finely (or not so finely, whatever you prefer)
-spices that you would enjoy

Mix them all together, and then make patties and cook them in a frying pan or on the BBQ. It's fantastic, because the beans make it so that it doesn't dry out and they're nice and moist.. and really flavorful! We put them in wraps, but on a bun would be great too, with some guacamole and perhaps salsa if you'd like as well! Tasty-try it next time you want something a bit new!

This evening I am deeply saddened by the Canucks loss. I still believe, but the future does indeed look bleak. BUT we are a team known for our comebacks, especially in playoffs way past. So we will see...

Today I got 5 new books in the mail and they're different memoirs/biographies of people and their weight loss journeys. Since I'm documenting my journey, I figured I'd read about other people's as well! So I'm looking forward to having some great reading coming up.

Today I was dreaming about different trips I'd like to take in the future. Not sure if they will actually happen, because I officially clicked submit on my online graduate school application.. So that could take up some precious travel time! But perhaps I can fit some little trips in here and there!

4 comments:

Elsie said...

You are quite an adventurous chef! Those burgers look like they'd be very tasty.

Laura said...

Woohoo! Congrats on clicking submit. You are the queen of trips so I have no doubt that you will still be able to do little ones whilst in grad school.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what make them mexican, but, sounds good.

luissss

Heather said...

mmm, yummy burgers!

new books!! fun! can't wait to hear about your next trip(s).