Saturday, May 15, 2010

Scavenger, Seasons, Sad

As promised, here are some photos from our youth photo scavenger hunt from last week. For those of you who don't know what a photo scavenger hunt is, it is when you split into two teams and both teams have to get pictures of random things. You have a list and you have to try and get as many of those pictures as you can!

Jumping off a swingset

With a worker in a grocery store

Hugging a stranger

Team in a shopping cart

Getting money out of the ATM (LOVE all the green in this pic)

Doing what a sign says

Upside down

Jumping

On a playground

Everyone in a chair

Handstands or Somersaults

Group Hug
"I can't believe we all fit in here"

So those are just a few of the photos, from my team! Haven't found out who won yet, but we will have the winners on Tuesday!

A couple weeks ago after a lot of back and forth decision making, I resigned from my job at the church when my contract ends in June. It ranks up there with some of the hardest decisions I have made because there were so many factors involved, but in the end, I feel peace about this one. It has definitely be an adventure running the youth group and sometimes I don't feel like I've done that great of a job, but it is what it has been and I will celebrate it! And I'm excited that I can still be involved with youth in the fall, even if not leading it. So that makes "leaving" easier, but I was still sad on a lot of levels.. so we will see what the next season brings!

1 comment:

Lovella ♥ said...

Vanessa, I so enjoyed this post. It just is such a good example on your enthusiasm and sense of humor and then to read that you made a hard decision this week in regards to working with the youth ..I can see your heart is exactly in the right spot. The good thing is that when God moves us from one area of service ..there is something waiting and often times it seems that as we grow ..our gifts grow .. and we can use them in ways we never expected.