Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Holidays, Happy, Hate

HAPPY NATIONAL CHIPOTLE DAY!!

And so commences the integration of random, fun and crazy holidays into my blog. There are websites that tell you the different days of the week and what random holidays they are. And I thoroughly enjoy them.. so I will be documenting my celebrating of them on this blog and encouraging you to partake in the celebrations as well.

First off, this week is National Postcard Week. So you should all send me a postcard. Or send me your address and I will send you a postcard (I actually will.. i have a collection of them from random countries)

I invited Maia over to share in the Chipotle festivities. We decided we would make beef tacos in conjunction with my efforts to eat the things that are in my freezer.
Funny thing is: I hate chipotle. But there were no other good holidays to document today (except maybe cinco del mayo) so i sacrificed one for the team (who the team is, i have no idea).
Originally we thought about adding them to the beef but then remembered that we both think it's disgusting, so we refrained. And the picture below is quite telling of what i actually think about chipotle...
So, there you have it, Happy Chipotle Day! Hope you were able to enjoy it in some form! If not, put it on the calendar for next year!

Stay tuned for more exciting holidays coming up!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Best reaction face to chipotle ever.

Elsie said...

Aw, I missed Chipotle Day??!!! (To be honest, I didn't even know that it was a type of pepper : )

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

That is too funny! I love all the crazy calendar days; today (May 6th) is my "serious" favorite: Nurses Appreciation Day.

Tell a nurse that you appreciate what they do!

kelly ens said...

i had no idea there was a 'chipotle' day. HOWEVER, i am making a chicken recipe next week with chipotle's in adobo...and it's DELICIOUS! (i mince them up...eating that whole thing seems...um...NUTS!)

Anonymous said...

I love chipotle


luisss