Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Today, Toilets, Tomorrow

Today it is sunny!! And I'm so excited I can see the mountains all around me! Driving on the coast, enjoying the calm ocean and mountains! Absolutely delightful!

I think it's funny that I am now the person with the accent. I have had a few people who have trouble understanding me and I think that's funny. Partly because of how I speak but also the words I use. My favorite went like this:

Me- "Oh, this toilet is plugged, so you might not want to use it."
Lady- "I dont' know what that means"
Me- "The toilet is.. full. You can't flush it."
Lady- Looks at me funny. "Oh, okay."

maybe they dont' get clogged toilets?

Another lesson I learned yesterday is: dont' put things on windowsills when the window is open. I was showering and put my shampoo bottle on the windowsill.. it proceeded to fall out of the window, onto some weird roof area that is completely inaccessible. Oh well, that was one way of making my toiletery case a bit lighter..

Tonight I am staying on the coast and am excited for some good hikes. Tomorrow I am headed up to see a giant vegetable monument and then I will go to Lake Taupo which is surrounded by 3 volcanoes (which hopefully don't blow up while I'm there). I am SO excited to stay somewhere 3 nights in a row. It will be nice to get settled. I'm hoping to go to some hot pools, see some geysers, enjoy the volcanoes and maybe even canoe or kayak or something!! Will be wonderful!

Having trouble sleeping at night because of recurring images from the other night. Not fun. But hoping that will pass soon.

And in response to someone's comment, i am now traveling alone. I was actually supposed to be in Bali right now. Things didn't work out and we went our separate ways and I decided to spend more time in New Zealand before heading back to Australia next week where I will visit friends! So that changes things, but I am enjoying doing things on my own although I do miss talking to people I know! That being said, I enjoy your comments as it makes me feel like you are all traveling with me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you get to visit Ken and April in Australia!
Guess I'll try harder to walk with you now that you are on your own. Sorry it didn't work out.
Blessings and love,
Ron & Marilyn
PS love the gun story. Told you to stay out of bars. :)

Theresa said...

3 whole nights eh? Careful or someone may think you are a permanent resident!
Enjoy your hikes!