Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hot, Huka, Home

To begin, I must say that the "hot" in the title refers to hot pools, not at all to the weather. In fact, right now I am soaking wet and freezing. So I will make this blog post quick before the hypothermia sets in. But once I go to my room and shower, I will make dinner (nachos.. mmmm) and watch movies and be in my PJ's.

And just for the record, Hell pizza was AMAZING! So good! So hard to choose though. I think I will go again to try something else. Once I get home and have more internet time, I will post the different pizza topics/combos because they really are quite brilliant.

Last night the spa pools were awesome! There were private and public ones, all of varying temperatures. They were surrounded by palm trees and the rain cleared up so the sunset and later the stars were incredible! I met this couple and we chatted for about 2 hours. She is originally from California, he's from England, they met 8 years ago in NZ and both stayed.

Today I went jet boating on the river to a geothermal park. The hour long ride there wasn't always so pleasant and rain pelting at your face feeling like it's cutting it, isn't always fun. But we got to the park and wandered around-so cool! Random plumes of steam coming out everywhere and bubbling mud, and water that's steamy. And caves created by geothermal activity too. On the jet boat ride home, we did tons of 360 degree spins and it was sunny so that was nice.

On the drive back to where I'm staying, I stopped at a couple more geothermal areas to walk around. Then I went to Huka falls which are small but lots of water coming over, and it's the most brilliant blue colour ever, and it churns up into white foam-very beautiful!

And now I'm back here and will soon go prepare my dinner and enjoy a relaxing evening! Tomorrow is white water rafting which will be my first time, but I can't wait!

And I find it slightly funny that NZ is predicting the storm of the century this weekend. Heavy snow, heavy rain and gale force winds of 130 km/hr. Just my luck. :) White water rafting should be fun! And that's all for now! Thanks as always for all your comments!

No comments: