Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Franz, Ferry, Forging

Greetings from Picton! I don't particularly like the name of this town.. but that's all right.

Picton is up north on the south island right by the ferry terminal, which means that I will be taking the ferry to the north island today! And we shall see what adventures await there. I've heard there's a hobbit hotel there, maybe i'll check it out?

The other day I hiked part of the Franz Josef glacier and it was fantastic! I've seen a lot of glaciers in my life, but it was very cool to actually be on the glacier. What a neat experience! We got crampons on our feet and everything. still sore two days later, but it was worth it! I guess I don't use my glacier climbing mucles every day. Perhaps I should begin...

I'm at a crossroads right now, but will keep you updates as to where the trip continues! But for now I shall forge on to the North Island!

Enjoy your Wednesday!!

2 comments:

Anneliese said...

Enjoy your trip! Picton was the name for Penticton in our family when Kristal was small... and it kind of stuck with me... brings back memoeirs of a cute girl learning to talk.

Theresa said...

Are you literally waking up in the morning and deciding what to do next?
Crossroads? Like you don't know what to do next?
Sounds so great!