Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pools, Pouring, Paradise

Remember when you were little and went to the beach and started digging holes in the sand? And then you'd get to a certain point where you hit water and the whole would fill up. And you would try to keep digging and water would keep coming in.

I did that at the beach today... the only difference was that the water coming in was super hot fed straight from a hot spring at the top of the beach. May have scorched my hand a couple times because the ride side of the hole I had dug was scorching hot (there was a stream coming in there) and the left side was perfect. I sat there for a few hours takin gn the incedibly colours of the waters and talking with a local guy about pretty much everything. It was wonderful. I even got a burn. I know burns aren't normally good, but I was excited about this one because it meant there was sun! Yay for sun! Okay it would pour rain with nasty wind intermittently but then the sun would come out again and all was well!

Right before I went to hot water beach, i walked to see cathedral cove which is absolutely stunning. I went to a couple other bays and my breath was literally taken away because it was so absolutely stunning. I can't get over how blue the water is-it's like youre in the caribean but better because there are so many different shades of blue mixed in.

When I got out of my car at the carpark, it was pouring rain so hard that i was soaked in the first minute of standing outside. But I pressed on. Once I got to the first bay, Stingray Bay, I looked up and it was completely blue sky and warm and sunny-amazing! I love how the weather changes so fast here. Very cool. And then it was sunny the rest of the day, intermittent with periods of a lot of wind and pouring rain. But it was wonderful nonetheless and I loved every minute of it.

This morning I am headed back to Australia, at the airport right now. I felt like I was about to start crying when I came to the airport because I love it so much here and don't want to leave.. sigh. But I am SUPER excited to see some friends of mine throughout Australia and a little bit scared to drive on the left side of the road there because the roads are way busier.. whereas in NZ, on some of the roads you'd see a car every hour.

Funny enough though I think I am accustomed to driving on the left side... I was watching a movie the other night and thought "Oh no, those people are driving on the wrong side of the road..." Oh dear. Perhaps the transition to driving on the right side will be more difficult than I thought. Hope I don't get in on the wrong side of my vehicle too many times!

I will be back to New Zealand as soon as I can and next time in summer! Here's hoping Australia is warm and that it stops raining there because all I no longer have any pants (trousers for those who think I'm talking about my underwear). My last pair ripped. And I threw away my shoes because they smelled like something had died in them and were soaked and saturated far beyond recognition with mud and muck (and who knows what else...) So my suitcase is lighter and ready to be filled with... who knows what.

That's all for now! G'day for the last time from New Zealand! Next time you hear from me, I will be in Australia! Have a good day!

No comments: