Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pictures, Preview, Pursuit

My posts have been lacking in pictures lately. So here is a small preview of a few of the places I've been, things I've done and sights I've seen. And trust me, there are plenty more where these came from! Enjoy!


The koala and I had a staring contest. I won.




Kangaroos!! Got to feed and pet them!

Emus! Didn't want to pet these guys because their feisty and tried biting a couple times...


This photo was taken of Cedric in Queenstown... this was before the fatal accident.


Incredible mountains! Covered with fresh snow!





The Remarkables! Rightly named! They serve as a lot of the backdrop in Lord of the Rings.





Bluff signpost in the south of the south island






I love these palm trees and can't stop taking photos of them.. then I realize I have fifty or so already so I should stop.



A nutural bridge cave. Very cool! Had to walk through a cow pasture to get there, but well worth it and part of the adventure! Except that my shoes were covered in.... mud when i got back.


The plane I stayed in! As I mentioned before, this plane actually flew in the Vietnam War. Crazy.




Me on the beach. as you can see by the hair, it's windy out.



Sheep. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa



For some reason I found this sign funny.. Maybe because i feel like dog droppings should rather be dog's droppings? or maybe just because i'm immature. haha





Such cool plants!!







Kauri trees! This picture doesn't do them justice, because they are MASSIVE! And incredibly majestic!

A blurry waterfall picture. Haha.. Couldn't see itwas blurry when I picked this one off the camera but it was a lovely spot nonetheless!


Stingray Bay (near Cathedral Cove) where I walked yesterday


I haven't downloaded any pics from my waterproof camera which actually saw a lot more because it was pouring and therefore i didn't want to wreck my nice camera.. But hope you enjoyed this little sneak-peek! And now you can put a bit of a visual on the trip!


Today I arrived back in Australia and then drove to my friends', Dave and Karin's house to stay with them for a couple nights, along with their beautiful baby daughter. SO wonderful to see them and catch up and we've already been having a great time! Enjoyed some kangaroo steaks for dinner! Mmmm... And played some Trivial Pursuit as well. Played the children's version so we would actually know the answers (although I still failed at even recognizing some of the stuff!)
I miss NZ and actually wanted to cry a little at the airport this morning when leaving, but I have wonderful memories and know I will be back one day. And now is the visiting friends part which is proving wonderful so far!

These are my favorite plant in NZ. THey are feathery and wonderful!

That's all for now!! Have a great day!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

Thanks for the sneak peek at the spectacular scenery!! Looks like you had fun interacting with the wildlife too. Cedric.....fatal accident......what happened??!! "