Saturday, September 18, 2010

Flying, Fly, Fish

Favorite dialogue from yesterday:
Me: I need to order another pizza because mine flew away.
Guy at pizza place: Seriously? It flew away?
Me: Um. yeah. It's windy out.
Guy: Oh, okay then.

Haha.. It is indeed windy and the wind picked up my pizza and threw it all over the road to become food for the birds. Sad day. Oh well, least I could go buy another. yesterday's pick was apricot sauce base with chicken, pine nuts, cream cheese and camembert. tasty!

Just got back from fly fishing which was fantastic! It's funny because I often fish when I'm away from home yet I live near amazing fishing. So it is my new goal to take up fishing when i get home. Which would mean learning how to actually tie flies to a line and get over being grossed out by picking up fish with my bare hands. It's not like they're going to bite me or something.

Anyway, reeled in two fish, one rainbow, one brown trout. Beautiful river, almost flooding, but lots of fun! I strangely enjoyed standing in the water as well even though that was a bit nippy!

Tonight going to an irish pub to listen to some locals play some music. Should be fun. And will hopefully redeem my last experience in a local pub... And hopefully the river levels lower so I can go white water rafting tomorrow. Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Haha, I love that dialogue. That must have been some insane wind!

Elsie said...

I thought you were going to say that a bird flew off with your pizza; that must have been a mighty strong wind! You have a bit of a theme going there......flying pizza, fly-fishing, I wonder if the local pub had anything flying? (Hopefully not bullets!!)