Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sheep, Snow, Stunning

New Zealand marks the 40th country I have visited.

New Zealand shall perhaps be dubbed my most favorite country visited. Well, tough to say, so maybe we'll say top 3... most beautiful perhaps.

Needless to say, here are some of the things I am LOVING about New Zealand:

-driving on the left side of the road
-turning my windshield wipers on whenever I want to turn
-the mountains-WOW
-the rivers and lakes (glacier water-stunning!)
-the people (so incredibly friendly!!!!)
-the culture
-the accent (when I can understand what is being said...)
-the SNOW! (yeah, it's 0 degrees here...)
-FergBurger (had a Bambi burger today.. at a uniquely NZ burger joint-SO tasty)
-getting stuck in sheep road blocks
-getting stuck in ram road blocks
-the wine
-have I mentioned the incredibly scenery?


Ahhh, those are just a few of the things I am incredibly in love with after only 2 days! I could live here.. I could visit here again. And I don't often say that about countries.

This morning we went 4x4ing which was fantastic. Remember in Lord of the Rings when all the black bad guys were riding horses through the river? I drove through that river today! Fun! It's neat seeing different scenes where the movies were filmed and I don't blame them for picking NZ-so stinkin' beautiful!!

And that's what I leave you with. New Zealand is amazing. I love it. It leaves me breathless, standing in awe of our incredible Creator.

I'm going to go look at the endless mountains!! G'day from Queenstown in the South Island!

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

New Zealand sounds fantastic. It's definitely on my list of places to visit. 4x4ing sounds like so much fun and how cool to visit Lord of the Rings film sights!

Elsie said...

New Zealand has long been on my list of places I want to see, and you've just moved it up the list by your description. Not sure if I'd like to drive on the left side of the road, though!

Theresa said...

Yup, me too. It's now on my list as I've never really considered it a place to go. I thought it was much like BC.
I want to get stuck in sheep.