Friday, September 17, 2010

Showers, Signs, Scented

Do you ever have moments where you see something you think is funny and you cannot stop laughing hysterically to yourself, even though you're all alone? And whenever you think about it, you start laughing again?

The other day this happened to me upon seeing a sign at the side of the road. It was one of those yellow signs, with a horse on it, warning you that sometimes there are horses on the road and you should try to not hit them. Anyway, someone had drawn a pointy horn on its head, making it into a unicorn. And for some reason, I started laughing quite a lot because apparently there are unicorns on the road in New Zealand... Maybe you had to be there... or maybe i'm crazy.

Didn't go white water rafting because there was way too much water in the river due to the storm. I've extended my stay here another night and will be trying to go on Monday. Kind of nice to lay low today, going for walks in the rain, and doing some reading and journalling.

The toilet paper in my bathroom is scented. I love scented toilet paper (yes I am crazy) and every time I'm in the bathroom, I have to smell it (before using it of course). Haha..

Now this next bit might be too much information, but I think it's funny so I will share it. I was at the geothermal park yesterday walking around and had fairly bad gas... (i know I"m so attractive). I was walking around just letting it go (reminded me a bit of my grandma) and thankful it was the off season and no one else was around... at least I know what I'll be like when I'm 80. Except then I probably won't care if there's other people around.

Another New Zealand wonderfulness I have discovered is pickled onions in rum and honey. SO tasty!! I think I will attempt to make some upon my return.

I also find it funny when places have showers with no ledge to stop the water from flowing into the rest of the bathroom, or the rest of the room for that matter. This is the second place I have stayed with that and I sure hope the drain works because I don't particularly want to flood the room.. unless that was maybe their intention?

Anyway, so ends a very random post with random thoughts from yours truly. Tomorrow I am going fly fishing and hope to catch a trout. Then I shall find a restaurant that will cook it for me (the only way you can get trout in restaurants). Funny enough, I don't even really like fish. But for the sake of my full fly fishing experience, I shall eat some. Mmmmm... G'day!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I've had those laugh hysterically to yourself moments although usually I'm the only one laughing:P
Scented toilet paper, really? That makes me laugh. I think that would creep me out a bit actually:)
Sorry you couldn't go white rafting. Hope it works out for you on Monday!
Love the random post, thanks for sharing:) Have a good night!