Thursday, February 4, 2010

Antarctica, Astounding, Awe-inspiring

Hello! I'm back! I arrived home on Sunday and life has been a bit of a whirlwind with having no running water upon arrival home, a dirty house from amazing renovations and lots of changes with work and other things too. So i'm landing on my feet and super excited for what's to come. But first, I must share some pictures and stories from my trip!

So although my trip didn't start in Antarctica, I figured I'd start with some pictures from there because it was so stunning! Even now as I look back at my pics I'm still in disbelief that I was actually there. Pictures don't come near to giving it justice. So enjoy! :) Along with islands, volcanoes, glaciers and icebergs, we saw lots of whales and penguins and tons of really cool birds! A lot of different scientists from the stations came on board to share what life in Antarctica is like so it was great to learn a lot about it and so forth! Enjoy the pics!




























Penguins!
















And stay tuned for more pictures from my trip!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

Wow. It has a beauty all its own. Love the caves!