Sunday, January 24, 2010

Freedom, Fantastic, Feeling

Right now we're headed towards Cape Horn, which is the southern most point of South America! It's usually pretty rough but we are having calm seas so we will most likely be able to circle it all which should be fantastic.

Some of the things I loved about Antarctica: the penguins swimming in the water.. at first i thought they were flying fish and realized the penguins just dive as they swim.
We also saw dozens (not even exaggerating-there were a lot) of humpback whales!!
There were an incredible amount of mountains and really cool shaped icebergs.

Unfortunately the end of Antarctica was not so fun for me as i developed a gastro-intestinal disease and was in isolation in my room for 42 hours.. Not so fun. Had a really high fever and have never been so violently ill in all my life. And besides I was getting cabin fever. So now I'm free and it's super nice to be out of the room!!

Tomorrow I will be in Ushuaia and am going canoeing. Then Chile where we will fly back to Antarctica to walk around! :)

Hope your weekend's are going well!

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Wow - amazing things you've seen! I hope to see some pictures : ) Glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Hey there, you are in our territory!! How fun. We are about 13 hours from the falls. They are spectacular. Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip. Blessings to you.
Leana Janzen