Saturday, January 16, 2010

South, Seas, Sailing

Greetings from South America!! So, right now I'm on the ocean, heading to Puerto Madryn, Argentina. I just left Uruguay, which was great-beautiful countryside and lots of pasture land! Reminded me a bit of Saskatchewan.. except no wheat. :)

My trip so far is going great! Started off in Rio de Janeiro where we arrived after a very long day of traveling and me throwing up during an entire red eye flight (not so fun). In Rio, we stayed at a hotel on the famous Copacabana beach which was great! After hanging out around Rio and seeing some sights, including their giant Jesus statue on a hill, we headed to Argentina.

In Argentina, we went to Iguaza Falls, the widest falls in the world. They were amazing!! Very spectacular. The movie 'The Mission' has a bunch of clips of them in it actually.

Been other places too but that's all I will update for now! Today it's fairly foggy out but looks like it's clearing up a bit! Tomorrow is Argentina where I will see my first sights of penguins! And then onto Antarctica!! I can't wait!

Anyway, hope you are all doing well and just thought I'd send out a quick update!

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Yay for an update! Other than the throwing up part(that sucks, sorry) it sounds like things are going well for you! Everytime I read copacabana all I can think of is a certain Friends episode. Have a great day!

Stéphanie said...

I also texted you, but just in case... Uruguay?! I lived there and I miss it so very much! Had I known, I could have been your personal tour guide. hehe.. it's not too late to fly me down there you know. lol. Hope you enjoy it to the fullest! I'll continue living my travel dream vicariously through you. lol

Elsie said...

You know, you would make a great tour guide or travel agent with all the traveling you've done! I love to read about your adventures. Have fun with the penguins!