Thursday, February 11, 2010

Colonia, Cool, Cobblestone

Uruguay was great! Reminded me a bit of what I would imagine Paraguay to be like. We stopped in Montevideo which is a city heavily influenced by European settlement. We also go to visit Colonia del Sacramento which is the oldest city in Uruguay and it was declared an UNESCO heritage site a few years back. The drive there was wonderful because you got to see all the countryside and it was beautiful! All in all a great experience and here a few of the photos!






I'm going to start storing my bike like this..








This random parade started while walking around town. I think they were having some sort of music festival starting that evening so this was the prelude to it. Nonetheless great to see the dancing and drumming! And the woman in the sparkling red sequin bikini too of course!



These were some really cool trees I kept seeing everywhere


Next up: Falkland Islands!!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

I enjoyed your creative shots of windows, doors, view of buildings from ground level, glinting sunlight, etc. You sure are having a great adventure!