Friday, February 12, 2010

Glaciers, Grand, Great

First off, thanks so much to those (mostly Elsie!) who have left comments. I always appreciate knowing who's reading my blog and hearing your thoughts/reactions and so forth. Makes it more interactive and interesting for me, because then I'm not simply blogging to a world I don't know.

Something I learned that truly surprised me: How many glaciers there are in Chile! Who knew? We sailed down Glacier Alley where there are seven massive glaciers one after the other, all surrounded by mountains. Pretty incredible. It was super chilly outside (might have been the flip flops and shorts I was wearing), but I endured it to enjoy the incredible sights!




We went to Torres del Paine, a famous national park in Chile. It had lots of glaciers, glacier lakes and some great wildlife. We saw about eight condors sitting in a field (rare sight). They had just gorged themselves on an animal and were too full to fly.. so they were sitting there waiting for the food to digest.. Sound familiar? hehe.. Saw foxes, flamingoes (no idea they had those in Chile!) and other animals I can't actually think of right now... Here are some photos:







Up Next: fun around the ship and Santiago! I'm excited to be done blogging about this trip so I can actually blog about normal life!! :)

1 comment:

Elsie said...

Wow, I can hardly believe the variety in scenery, from glaciers to flamingos and barren hills with sheep! Gorgeous.