Sunday, February 7, 2010

Iguazu, Incredible, Interesting

A pleasant and completely unexpected surprise/highlight from my trip was Iguazu Falls in Argentina. I had never heard of them before but I do love waterfalls, so we went off to these falls on the border of Brazil and Argentina. Famed to be the widest in the world, I looked forward to seeing what they would be like. At the first stop, they were really nice, but I didn't quite understand why they were so epic... then we went to the next stop where you could see cascade upon cascade and I was overwhelmed with awe at the beauty and incredibleness of the Falls. I think there's about 250 cascades all in a row. It's pretty incredible. God's creation definitely is incredible.



This is the old boardwalk at the falls






There were hundreds of butterflies everywhere. They would land on you, taste the salt and then would stick around for quite a while even if you tried to wave them away. It was especially cool for the first ten minutes, then I kind of was creeped out by having all these crawly/flying things all over me. haha. But they still were beautiful and found in a myriad of colors. I have a lot more pictures of the different kinds, but I've decided to save those for me.


If you look past the first row of cascades, you can see it just keeps going in behind. Pretty amazing.



Up Next: I have no idea, because my life is a blur that blends together!! But I'm thinking it will be some penguins from Argentina! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

Stunning! Love the rainbow. And I like your traveling companions too : )