Monday, February 15, 2010

Skating, South, Salchow, Seattle

And now to my first official post not about my trip! Here's a little bit of what I've been up to lately:

Went to the figure skating pairs competition yesterday- SO good!! Wonderful to be with so many fans cheering along. What a great atmosphere! And incredible athletes and performers!
For my mom's birthday (last June), I got her tickets to the Elton John and Billy Joel concert which was supposed to be in November but got postponed to last weekend. A bit crazy being gone right after coming home but we had a fantastic time and enjoyed some fantastic food at my favorite Seattle restaurant, PF Chang's. The concert was incredible! Two grand pianos facing each other and both of them going at it. Pretty amazing.
I'm a subscriber at a theatre in Seattle, so I conveniently had tickets to South Pacific that same weekend and we went and it was absolutely fantastically done! I just watched the movie as well and have fast fallen in love with this musical. I was actually surprised at how many of the songs I actually already knew!
Here's my mom and I at the concert waiting for it to begin.

Elton and Billy. :)

And that's all for now. Not a very wordy post but I'm sure that will come soon enough. Tomorrow a friend is coming to stay for the week and we're going to have some Olympic fun in Vancouver!! I'm looking forward to checking out all the free stuff there is to see!! I hear it's pretty great!! Have a good week!

3 comments:

Elsie said...

Your Seattle weekend sounds fabulous, with great mother-daughter memories. Looks like you're going to have a great week to explore the Olympics with the weather getting warm and sunny!

Heather said...

Figure skating - SO awesome!!

Love all your pictures of your adventures!

Kirsten said...

Wow. So fun. What theatre is it in Seattle? I LOVE musicals. would love to know where to look to find what shows are on.