Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dragons, Daring, Dusting

Since coming home from holidays my house has been an absolute disaster from renovations and I haven't really cleaned it. For those of you who know me, I like having a clean house, but when the entire thing is dirty, it overwhelms me and then I do nothing about it. Well, I was so thankful the other day to get a jumpstart on the cleaning! Nick came over and helped me clean for a few hours and to continue the incredible fun of cleaning, we decided to go on an adventure to the laundromat and the produce store! Sadly I did not have my camera in the laundromat because some incredible photo opportunities were to be had.. But instead, we branched out and bought a new fruit and came home to document its initial tasting.

The fruit we chose was the dragonfruit because it is oddly shaped and bright pink and well, if it's bright pink it MUST be good!!

And it was quite easy just to peel as a matter of fact.
Nice and speckled on the inside, it looked a bit like kiwi.
And surprise! It tasted a bit like kiwi too! Actually it was incredibly tasty and next time I am at the produce store, I will pick up another one.

So, my encouragement for you to do today: Go buy some dragonfruit, try it and tell me what you think!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

I've seen dragonfruit but have been hesitant to buy it, not knowing what it is....thanks for the dragonfruit lesson! I will have to get me one of those!!