Friday, February 12, 2010

Ship, Singing, Shows

Although I have a lot of pictures from the ship, I only posted a few to give you an idea of how things were. The ship held about 1000 people and it was great making new friends and getting to know a lot of new people.

The ship's entertainment was the best I have ever seen. Usually I don't enjoy it that much, but the people they had on the ship have all starred on Broadway and in national tours across the US. One played Mimi in Rent on Broadway, and others starred in Grease, Oklahoma, Les Miserables and many others. One of the guys also sang with the three tenors. They were excellent and all the shows they did were incredible as a result of their amazing singing. So that was definitely fun. They had a few mini musicals and then other shows where they highlighted some of their favorites from broadway.

Robert and Jeff, two friends that I made on the ship.



And we became avid bingo players. I was super close to winning the jackpot of 3700 dollars but alas, no luck! But it was fun getting to know all the bingo regulars. :)


My trivia team 'The Bridesmaids' (formerly The Choir). We were pretty much the best ever! Every day if we were around we would join together to compete against the other hardcore teams. :)


I participated in the game show "Sing that tune" which was pretty fun!



So, the ship was great. Lots of scenic cruising, lots of new friends, great food, wonderful gastrointestinal disease that went around.. :)

And that's that for now!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

I would have enjoyed watching "Sing That Tune" as well as listening to those high quality singers. Sounds like a great cruise experience!