Monday, June 16, 2008

Sacred, Supper, Saxaywoman

On our drive through the Sacred Valley, we made lots of different and very interesting stops. I loved stopping at a llama and alapaca farm. We got to feed them and pet them. Thankfull they didn't spit on us!



My mom's not really sure about this one.. haha


And I'm not sure about this one.. hee hee
This one had dreads. Very nice.

The view of the valley

At one point I had like ten babies surrounding me. I was wondering if they'd nibble at my hands but luckily they didn't!

Mmmm.. guinea pigs on the kitchen floor..



Making adobe bricks for the houses






This is Ollantaytambo-quite the walk to the top but definitely worth it for the view!



If you look closely, you can see my reflection in my mom's sunglasses... haha



Dying the alapaca wool



This site is called Moray and it's really cool. It's all circular. We made the trek to the bottom which was pretty cool.







These were the slightly precarious stairs we had to go down!



Salt mines in the mountains- pretty cool!




Dried lava


One night we had fruit and avocados from the market.. it was pretty funny trying to cut them in our hotel room!
Wild turkeys


Coming up next: Machupicchu in Peru- one of the wonders of the world! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Those ancient terraces are spectacular! Never knew about them before.

Yvonne said...

I definitely need to head over to your facebook and/or flickr site to check out the rest of your pics. The ones on here are so amazing!!! The picture of the llama with dreads I thought was a big rock or a statue at first:)