Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Machupicchu, Mountain, Massive

These are the ruins of Machupicchu, situated on top of a huge mountain. It's amazing to think of how in the world they must have gotten all that stuff up there. It was pretty surreal being up there. Even looking at the pictures now it seems like I didn't actually go. haha but i assure you, i was there.. i even took a pic with myself in it to prove it!



There I am!
Classic Picture of Machupicchu









There's a lizard on that rock if you look closely



























We decided to walk down from the mountain back to the town we were staying in. A lot of stairs. My calves were hurting the next day. It was pretty cool being in the middle of the mountains in the middle of the jungle though!! :)



My feet got kind of dirty...


Coming up next: Quito, the capital of Ecuador!

5 comments:

Elsie said...

Yup, you definitely were there! The scenery is spectacular, and all the stone work is absolutely amazing. So well preserved for being over 500 years old. Thanks for sharing the experience with us!

Lisa Lu said...

i see a bird on that rock but not a lizard...

Vanessa said...

glad you guys like the pics! haha.. about the lizard.. well i had one with a lizard but when uploading i guess i forgot there was one with a bird. either that, or maybe the lizards in ecuador look like birds...

Yvonne said...

These are my favorite pictures so far. I don't know why I love Peru so much but this is definitely one of the top places to visit on my list. Thanks for sharing!

Yvonne said...

These are my favorite pictures so far. I don't know why I love Peru so much but this is definitely one of the top places to visit on my list. Thanks for sharing!