Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fire, Friends, Fellowship


I have a newfound love for taking pictures of fire!!
Last week I went up to Spring Lake Ranch near 100 Mile House for a class. The class is Psychology and Spirituality and I actually took it last year already and it was amazing and the week was fun so I really wanted to go again. So, I decided to do a directed study up there. So, I met with the prof and made up a syllabus and stuff and my coursework is looking at Gerald May's theory of spirituality. So I have been working on reading seven of his books and then I will write a 30 page paper on the his theory of spirituality and then give an oral defense of it. Sounds intense but I really am looking forward to writing the paper!! :) Anyway, the week was great! Got to know some people better, met some new people and just had a great time hanging out, canoeing, hanging out by fires and so forth. Good times all around!
I love love love love this hair shot. I commend myself for taking it.. he hehehehe.. my new fav. If anyone ever wants to be a hair model, just let me know!



Some of the girls hanging out in the cabin


Chuck, Carlee and I fireside

Carlee, Amy and Kristen, my crazy housemates for the week

The bonfire at dusk


Chuck trying to throw Kristen into the fire. I'm surprised her eyebrows didn't get singed off!

And that's it for the week at the ranch!

Coming up next: My new purchases...

Oh! And thanks so much for all your comments-i love getting them!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will be the first to comment on this one, making it easier for you to post a new blog. :) i love the hair picture too, is that kristen's hair?

Elsie said...

Love the fire pictures; you can see all kinds of interesting shapes in them. Many years ago I tried some fire art..... I got my little brother to write or draw something in the air with a stick on fire, while I had the camera on a tri-pod with the shutter open for several seconds. Fun stuff! You are one busy lady, with all these trips and courses and papers to write. I'm surprised that you've had time to blog!

Chrys said...

The fire pictures are so cool. I wish I could take nice pictures like you!