Sunday, June 22, 2008

Papers, Pictures, Piggies, People

Today we had our annual pig roast in memory of my brother, Leon. June 23rd would have been his birthday, so every year we have a pig roast in memory of him on the Sunday closest to that date. Family and friends all came and it was so great to see everyone and catch up. Above is a picture of the centerpieces we put together on the tables.
Our garden.. or a portion of it
The piggy!!
Roses for my mom's birthday (on the 21st)
Some of the guys playing bocce
More of the piggy!
My cousins Adam and Bobby
My Aunty Kathe, Dina and my cousin's fiance, Emily (from Ontario)
My Aunty Kathe and Uncle Pete
Mike, Ben and Chad
Desiree and I
Desiree and the piggy

My cousins Bobby and Rachel 's daughter Liv- a month old: so cute!

Chad and Lucas nailing the pegs into the pig
Theo and I went out for breakfast on Saturday morning at Ricky's. So nice to just enjoy the weekend. And all my pictures are out of order as far as my week actually went.. sorry!! :)
Chrystal and I went to Bard on the Beach the other night. We saw King Lear which was great! Despite the 11 people dying in the last scene...
Chrystal had never been to Earls, but I told her they had amazing chicken fingers which had her convinced.. I think she liked it! ;)

My new purchase of the week! SO excited! It's an upgrade from my other camera.. it's a Canon 40D and it's fantastic. I'm super excited to play around with it a bunch in the next little while
My cousin Caleb and his fiance Emily are visiting from Ontario and Emily had never been to IHOP, so this morning we took her there for breakfast!
Caleb and I (notice my new haircut!! actually it's a bit shorter than I wanted, but i sat down and my mom just started cutting... then she started laughing because she realized she didn't actually ask me what I wanted.. haha.. Oh well!)
All of us went out on Friday night for my mom's birthday to Greek Islands

The other day a few of my trinity friends and I met in langley and grabbed some quick sushi which was pretty fun!

That night Andrew and I went to Denny's to write papers.. haha.. I laughed at Andrew because he ate a huge thing of fries and felt pretty sick after. All in all though we were pretty productive and it was fun too!
And that is my week all jumbled up because I didn't download photos sooner and I uploaded them in a weird order.. haha.. But hope you enjoyed! I'm excited this week to go see some fun "touristy" places. And I'll get to play with the new camera!!! Have a good week!

4 comments:

Elsie said...

What a great idea to have a pig roast family gathering in memory of Leon! Those are the times the extended family bonds together, with good fellowship and wonderful memories. Enjoy your week of snapping touristy pictures!

Chrys said...

Fun pictures! I always love the ones of the roasting piggy. I had fun at Bard on the Beach, even though those stupid songs got stuck in my head!

Chrys said...

Fun pictures! I always love the ones of the roasting piggy. I had fun at Bard on the Beach, even though those stupid songs got stuck in my head!

Lovella ♥ said...

What a neat way to remember your brother every year. The pictures of you all together were wonderful and oh .the new camera. .how fantastic. I'll be back to see the fun you have with it. . .