Friday, March 19, 2010

House, Home, Hectic

Seven months have passed since my basement flooded and my fun with renovations began. Now all that remains (for now) is one strip of paint in my kitchen and finally this season of renovating and chaos is finished! Of course, I could still change all the light fixtures and do some other things, but I think I've done a fair amount for now and am going to sit back and enjoy my home. It began as a house I bought, but over time as I have made it my own, it truly feels like my home and that is such an incredible blessing to me! So here is a little tour of the befores (sorry there was a bit of a lack of photos) and the afters!

Here is the kitchen before:


And after:


The Living Room before:



My office/library (sorry I couldn't find any before pictures.. but it used to be light yellow with really light carpet and metal blinds):


And here are my two guest rooms. Once again no before pictures, but they were both light yellow with light carpet.. apparently the previous owners liked light yellow haha):


My bedroom before:


My bedroom after:

My bathroom before:


Bathroom after:



The basement before:


The basement after:


So there you have it! A tour of my home! Obviously it looks way better in person, but that's a little sneak-peak into what it looks like! Hope you enjoyed the tour! It's been a lot of work but it feels fantastic! I feel like I live in a new house! Have a great day and enjoy the sun! :)

4 comments:

Chrys said...

Wow, love the changes! Looks fabulous!! I laughed at the picture of me. We had quite the little set up going on there! :)

Elsie said...

Wow, you really did make a lot of changes! Now it's a home that reflects your personality, with all those vibrant colours on the walls. The basement looks great too - are you sure you're not going to miss that long green counter?? :D

Heather said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the photos of your home. I love how you opened it all up in the kitchen area! And of course all the fun colours to reflect your personality!!

kelly ens said...

WOW, those are some major changes - what a lot of work! it looks great :)