Monday, March 22, 2010

Bonding, Blossoms, Beautiful

I live on one of the most beautiful streets because of the way they've landscaped it. In the fall, the leaves were brilliant shades of yellow and red. And now the streets are lined with cherry blossom trees in full bloom and it is absolutely stunning!

Went for a jog this morning and snapped a few shots. Unfortunately i only had my point and shoot but I figured I wanted some nice pictures to post nonetheless.
I love all the trails around my house and am so thankful for the beauty and the natural "escape" it lends me.
I have been re-reading Donald Miller's book "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years" because I absolutely love it and it inspires me. Here's a quote that struck me last night from the beginning of the book:

"You get a feeling when you look back on life that that's all God really wants from us, to live inside a body he made and enjoy the story and bond with us through the experience."

I had to ask myself, do I allow my daily experiences to bring me closer to God? To bond with Him over, because we're experiencing it together? Or am I simply living life and letting moments pass me by?
Presently my house smells very strongly of paint fumes. Might have a headache by the end of the day, but I am thankful because that means my renovations will be DONE in just a few short hours!! There were a couple of red touchups needed in the kitchen as well as the new baseboards being painted and the ceiling in my room being painted (to cover up all my blue paint that I got on the ceiling when I painted... haha) So the end is indeed in sight!! and in scent! :)
Have a great day and enjoy the flowers blossoming everywhere!

1 comment:

Judy said...

I will have to get a copy of Donald Miller's book...sounds like a good read! I think I'll borrow that quote...I like it.

Thanks for visiting My Front Porch.