Monday, March 1, 2010

Dinner, Delight, Dish

What a fantastic week it's been! I have had some great times with friends this week, had an opportunity to clean and organize my house after renos, and am getting more and more excited for things that are coming up this next week and beyond! Here are a couple fun things from this week and a secret into my cooking! :)

My friend Theresa had a birthday so we got to hang out and I was able to take her out for lunch! After learning that 11:30 is the latest you should try to get a table at ABC, we enjoyed lunch together and hanging out! Was great to catch up! Happy birthday Theresa!! :)


Then I had some friends over for dinner. I like pasta but I don't like most pasta sauce. So, I make my own. So for those of you who are creative and adventuresome, here's a peek into what I put into my sauce: Caesar salad dressing, soy sauce, bbq sauce, hot sauce, lime juice, garlic, mustard, Thai sauce and wine. I know that sounds like a crazy bunch of flavors, but you mix them all together.....

and then you add some spices! Some of the spices I love to cook with are: onion powder, garlic powder, seasoning salt, curry, chili powder, cilantro, italian seasoning, oregano, parsley and whatever else I see in my cupboard that day. So I mix this and the sauce blend, microwave it and then pour it over my cooked pasta and it's amazing! :)
Along with the pasta, I like to serve roasted veggies. So I cut up all my veggies. I try to get lots of different colors of veggies because there's more nutrients and it looks nicer to have a mix of color as well! So I cut them all up, put them in a bowl and add a tiny bit of oil and then dump whatever spices I feel like putting in (see above for ideas), then I mix them all around, pour them onto a pan and put them in the oven. This also works really well with potatoes or yams and once they're roasted, they are absolutely fantastic!

This feast I made was for some good friends of mine and their kids. I absolutely love them and can't get enough of them! So it was great to finally have them over! Here's some pics of the kids making funny faces. :)

And here's us enjoying dinner together (and yes the background is a sneak peek of my renos... and yes, my kitchen is indeed THAT bright!)

All in all a great time together and an easy but great meal to make! Have a good night!

Coming up next: Olympic Gold Hockey Game and Closing Ceremonies!

See you tomorrow! :)

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

I love, love, love the color of your kitchen!!! And that pasta sauce sounds inteesting. Yay for having company over. Those kids are adorable:)

Chrys said...

Well since you forced me to come here I might as well leave a comment!! :)

I have to say, you actually made vegetables sound a little appealing there! Love the kitchen colour, it's WAY better than what it used to be!!!

Jocelyn said...

oh the infamous sauce! I'd like to say that I do believe I was on the forefront of this creation :)

Elsie said...

What a creative cook you are! I would never have thought to put all those ingredients into a sauce. Sounds like it would be a delicious burst of flavour. Roasted vegetables are very yummy too, and with your exciting spice collection they must be extra good!