Friday, March 19, 2010

Fat, Flowers, Filter

I started a new blog.

It took a long time to get to the point of actually starting it, but it's been an idea in my mind for a long time. Not sure what it will all entail or where it will go or even what all the content will be, but feel free to join me there. I titled the blog "Diary of a Fat Girl". This may seem a harsh title to some, but I thought it was catchy, and that's what it's about. It's a blog about my journey of being overweight, losing weight, but also discovering more of who I am in the process and viewing it holistically. I would love for you to visit and follow the blog and would be delighted to hear your comment and feedback along the way. So here's the link: Click here to go read!


Yesterday I saw these beautiful roses and figured I would buy them for myself because why not? :) They are beautiful and smell amazing and add a nice brightness to my kitchen (not that it wasn't bright in the kitchen in the first place...)

And here's a helpful household tip for those of you who are like me and have no idea what things need to be regularly done in a house.. Okay, I assume most people know something like this... but I just learned it the other day, so thought I'd share my newfound knowledge...
Air filters for your furnace should be changed every few months.. not every two years. Oops. Here's a picture of the old, slightly dirty one and the nice new white clean one! I'm expecting my furnace efficiency to be incredible now!




And here is a picture of my latest purchase. I have wanted an elliptical for a while now, and saw an ad in the paper for Flaman Fitness and their promotion event of "Pay for your pounds." Intrigued, I read on...

At the time of purchase, you weigh in at the store. Six months later, you weigh in again and for every pound that you have lost, they pay you $10 up to the price of the machine. So you can earn a lot of your money back and the exercise machine is fairly affordable then. So, I figured I'd give it a shot! My goal is to earn 600 dollars, so we will see how that goes!! :) But kind of fun motivation. And nice for when it's rainy outside.

And that's it for this post! Hope you enjoy the new blog and go change your furnace air filter!

2 comments:

Anneliese said...

You go Girl!!! I'm proud of you for setting such a goal. I will celebrate with you ...
oh.. and I just saw the list of countries you have visited... I can't believe how many!!!! You have even visited the country I was born in. Not too many people I know have been there.

kelly ens said...

SWEET incentive! that's awesome :)
heading over to your new blog with it's catchy title :)