Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bears, Beautiful, BC

Meeting new people is one of my favourite things about travel. And when I get to meet up with those people again, even better! A couple weeks ago, the cruise ship I had been on, the MS Volendam, docked in Vancouver after making the trip all the way from Japan. I knew quite a few people that were still on the ship, so it was fun to see some of them! The first day, I picked up one couple and drove them to the ferry terminal, and then the next day, I met up with my friends, Paul and Vicki and was lucky to be able to show them a bit of my beloved BC...


I have lived in BC all my life, but still am in awe every time I look at the stunning, majestic mountains with their snow-capped peaks. Every time I glance at the ocean and the greenery. I loved that Paul and Vicki had never been here, so it was fun to see it through their fresh eyes anew. We did the drive up to Whistler, with a stop at Shannon Falls along the way.


It was an absolutely fantastic day! Perfectly blue skies and nice warm sun. The people watching in Whistler was quite fun as you had everything from guys with no shirts on to people in their full winter gear carrying around snowboards.


At the beginning of the day, Vicki had said "I'd love to see a bear today". And bears we saw indeed. I think in the end, Vicki spotted three different bears and we decided she was the pro bear spotter. One was even on the edge of a side road, so we got to stop right next to it and snap some shots.

All in all, a delightful day! So great to reconnect with friends I have met along the way. And hopefully I will see them in Quebec whenever they pass through there!

As I drove home from Whistler, I took in all the incredibly beautiful sites and was a bit sad that I would be leaving them. But, I was reminded to soak it in and enjoy it for the moment. So enjoy it and soak it in I did. Looking forward to more exploring of BC in the next month and a half!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

What fun, to reconnect with new friends from your trip! We sure do live in a beautiful part of the world and I can imagine what a delight it must have been to show it off to appreciative guests. (And the bears even cooperated, wow : )