Thursday, June 2, 2011

Heids, Heidi, Ha Ha

Sometimes it's overwhelming when I think of all the wonderful people in my life. I am so blessed with many friends and so many experiences and fun times with those friends. I am often saddened by the fact that I can't keep in touch with people as well as I would like or give them as much time as I would like. But the time I can get I am so thankful for!


So when Heidi texted me a couple weeks ago to let me know she was in town, I was super excited to see her! I happened to be in Vancouver already, so we met for brunch and went for a little jaunt around Stanley Park.


I love when you can just pick up where you left off and just share life together. A true blessing. And to be in Stanley Park on such a stunningly beautiful day just makes it all that much better!


{Oh heidi. such the rebel}

I think one of my fave memories with heidi was the time we were sitting in the living room doing homework together (we lived together for a year). we weren't very good at doing homework together and she suddenly sent me an instant message that said "heids". Confused as to why she would send me a message with her name, i replied "vaness". And then she realized what she had done and we both had quite the laugh. Maybe you had to be there. But it was funny. And still is. So I will laugh at the memory.

Enjoy your thursday! {Can you believe it's June 2nd already?? GAH!}

3 comments:

Elsie said...

Those "you had to be there" kind of funny memories make for special friendships. Glad you could enjoy a fun day with Heidi.

Anneliese said...

Your post brought back a memory of my dad.. one of my best friends was Heidi.. and he called her "Heidi, Heida, Heidalalala" ... (you had to know him) anyways.. this Heidi will soon be my step sister...as my widowed mom is getting married to her widowed dad...
did you get any of this? I know it's random...

Vanessa said...

yes i did get all of that, and yes it's random, but i love the random bits in life! thanks for sharing :)