Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Poppy, Putting, Practice

I'm quite pleased with having found a fantastic golf partner to golf with over the last month and for the next month. Generally it is difficult to find women my age who like to golf. So when Carlee mentioned she likes golfing, I jumped on it and now we affectionately have a weekly golfing "club" which we have titled the CVGA. Makes sense.


And we're rocking it. Well, I'm not sure many other people on the golf course bring their cameras and take random photos. They also probably don't bring chopped up veggies in tupperware containers. But that's probably why our golf club will increase rapidly in popularity.


We like to try out a different course each week. It's fun to go to a lot of golf courses I've always heard about but never had a chance to go to. A couple repeats, but mostly new which is fun. Last week we went to Fraser Glen on the Monday and Poppy Estates on the Friday.


Fraser Glen is where I first started golfing when I was first learning how to golf, about ten years ago. Strangely enough, it is also the course where I can always get the best score. My favorite moments were joining up with a couple of the older men in front of us while their third guy went home for a few holes to let out the dogs. Then we joined with the couple behind us for a few holes as well. Always fun to get to know new people. And I figured if we're golfing with them, there's a better chance of us not hitting them with our golf balls.


Next week we hope to hit up a new course and the following week we will return to the Falls where we went our first week to see if we have improved at all!

No comments: