Sunday, June 5, 2011

Poppins, Pandher, PF

I have seen a few musicals that are from Disney movies and LOVED them. I had seen the Lion King and The Little Mermaid. So when Mary Poppins came to town (town being Seattle.. close enough), I got tickets and went to see a third most fantastic Disney Broadway show.


And it was incredible. Epic even. Spectacular. The sets, the special effects, the dancing, the music. Exceptional. All of it. Probably ranks as one of the most spectacular musicals I have ever seen. It was a delight. If it ever comes to Vancouver (or anywhere near where you might be), go see it-you will not be sorry! My favorite part was when Bert tap danced upside down on the ceiling.


An added bonus was going with my friend Sandy. So good to just spend the day together. Went to my favorite restaurant, PF Changs and had my favorite dish, Kung Pow Shrimp. And we walked around Seattle enjoying the day.


Some people think I am a bit musical crazed. And it's probably true. I have loved seeing so many musicals in the last few years. This year I even subscribed to two theatres in Seattle because they both had incredible seasons. Next year they are doing West Side Story, Les Miserables and Rent, to name a few... sad I will be missing it.

But when I miss the musicals, I will just skip along with a chimney sweep and sing, "chim chimery, chim chimery..."

Enjoy your Sunday!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

There is definitely something magical about a good musical. The only professional one I've seen is Joseph with Donny Osmond, other than that I've been to some pretty decent amateur productions around the lower mainland. I will take note that Mary Poppins is worth seeing - thanks for the recommendation!

On a side note, I was at the Gungor concert on Saturday and noticed a girl who I was sure I had met before but couldn't remember who she was. When she won a CD as a doorprize and her name was called, it dawned on me that I had seen her on your blog and she is one of your friends! No wonder she seemed so familiar, lol.