Friday, June 3, 2011

Mall, Married, Meal

I love moments when you find an unexpected treasure on a day full of errands and it just brings an extra spot of joy to that day.

Last week, Kristen and I headed to the States so she could run a couple wedding errands. I had no plans, so I decided I would join her and we could have a fun day in Bellingham. It was a great day and in the end, we drove by a sign in a church parking lot about a rummage sale in the basement. They hold it two days out of the year and it was fantastic! Some of my favorite board games were being sold for a mere quarter! We found some other fantastic treasures and antiques hidden amongst everything.


The best find was this dress that Kristen is posing behind. We decided it would be a perfect Canucks fan dress perhaps? If the colour is right..


And we arrived at the mall exceptionally early. What does one do while they are waiting in a mall? Well, they people watch of course (the amount of people walking in the mall at that hour is quite great-I wondered why they weren't walking outside in the sun). And you take crazy pictures of yourselves. Obviously.


We had an amazing lunch on the harbour right on the water-so beautiful! And we even picked up a steal of a deal snack bag from the rummage sale. A good day indeed with many stops, good conversation and great company!


And the countdown is on. 46 days until Chris and Kristen get married! Can't wait to celebrate their big day with them!

1 comment:

Anneliese said...

Church rumage sales remind me of being about ten years old ... in a church basement!