Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Birthday, Blessing, Beautiful

June 21st is a special day for many reasons. First off, it's the official beginning of summer, also it is the longest day of the year as far as sun exposure goes. But even more importantly, it's my mom's birthday!

So today we shall celebrate life with her! She is an amazing woman that is such an incredible blessing in my life. She is a blessing to her children and grandchildren and to all she meets.


{I absolutely love this picture of my mom and I... I took it as a quick snapshot in the bathroom and then realized the background wasn't good, so we took some in the room.. but I loved the bathroom shot the best. Makes it even more candid! And oh the wonderful lighting that a bathroom offers!}

I'm thankful I have a mother who loves to travel, because we have so much fun traveling together, but also because I know she will come out to visit me a lot once I move!

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my mom!!

3 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh it is a beautiful photo. I smile as I think of all the beautful places you will be taking those candid shots when she comes to visit.

Elsie said...

It really is a lovely picture of the two of you, and I never would have noticed the bathroom background if you hadn't mentioned it. I have fond memories of your mom.......cutting my hair, practicing songs together for special music at church, and laughing.....always lots of laughing (especially if your aunt E was there : ) Happy birthday M!

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Exquisite photo Vanessa. You.ve inspired me to take more mother daughter photos soon.