Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sold, Surrender, Sad

When I decided to move to Quebec, I wanted to keep my house. I guess in my mind it was part of the Plan B back up plan, but in a lot of ways it was a large piece of home (literally) to hold on to as I move away.

However, plans went otherwise and a few days before I left for Asia, I realized I needed to sell it. So that week amidst getting ready to go, I had to get my house ready to sell. A bit stressful but I made it through. Anyway, within a few days of leaving, an offer came in, two weeks later my house was officially sold. So I came home to a house that was only mine for a little while longer.


Sometimes I'm struck by the sadness of selling my house. I do love my house. I love the colours, I love the spunkiness of it. I love how perfectly it is a reflection of my personality. I love the memories I've had here, the people I've hosted. The random dance parties in the kitchen. So many things.

I laugh because a while back I was reading back in my journal from the fall and I prayed that life would not be so comfortable. I was realizing just how comfortable my life was and how I wasn't okay with it. So I asked God to change that. And I surrendered and loosened my grip. Little did I know how much life would be changing in the next year and that things would not look anything like they do now.

I prayed that God would change things, but I didn't actually think He would so dramatically. Mind you, I guess I let Him as I in turn surrendered everything. It's been a crazy season of letting go, obeying and trusting.

So, I have 19 days left to enjoy this crazy house of mine and then hopefully some other people will enjoy it as much as I have.

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Talk about loosening your grip, wow! When you move across the country it will be a completely fresh start. It will be fascinating to see what God has in store for you.

Joyful Noise for a Joyful Life said...

Stepping out in faith can be so unsettling. If only we could remember that he has us and we will be just fine. Glad to follow your adventures and willingness to place yourself firmly in His grip.