Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Grace, God, Gifts

Lately I have been overwhelmed with the grace of God. In so many ways. I'm relearning it and being reminded of it and seeing its practicality walked out in day to day life.

Over the last two weeks, I have been overwhelmed with God's incredible miracle of life. And His gift of it to us. One of my dear friends just had her third child and the road that brought them to have this little treasure was a long one, but here she is and she is precious. And loved. And perfect. I am reminded that in all the storms, God is there, as the one who anchors us, the one who makes sense of things. And no, we might not have the answers or understanding to everything, but suddenly we receive this incredible gift amidst it. And we cling to the fact that we know God must be good. God must be love. Because even though most of the world around us doesn't make sense, this does and it is proof of God's goodness.


So I have been enjoying snuggling with this precious little babe. And seeing her siblings enjoy having a new little sister as well. Life is so fragile, yet so incredible precious. The thought of it makes me marvel in awe of having such an incredible God.

1 comment:

Elsie said...

Yes, babies have that kind of effect on us : )