Thursday, May 26, 2011

Canucks, Cup, Cheering

Since the day I came home, I have been enjoying everything about the Canucks playoffs. I was sad to miss the first few weeks, but excited that they have been playing amazingly and that I could join in with the cheering fan base.


There's something about being at a game that cannot be fully explained, until you are there and hear the thunderous roar of the crowd, feel the towel lint irritating your eyes, jumping up at every goal and good play.


And Round 3, Game 5 was exceptionally exciting. My heart was racing most of the time, my cheeks were rosy and I was on the edge of my seat.


And we WON! For the first time in 17 years, we are off to the 4th round once again. SO exciting! I remember going to the playoffs 17 years ago when I was 10 and so I am excited to go again and appreciate it through new eyes.


And even being in downtown Vancouver is exhilarating. Horns honking, giving everybody high five, cheering loudly, waving your towel around... so great! There's something special about when everyone gathers together and cheers for a common thing. It is unifying and bonding in a unique way.


Now we will just wait to see who we play in Round 4 and until then I will keep my evenings open so I can continue cheering until the end! Hope you are also enjoying the playoff run!


GO CANUCKS GO!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

Wow, look at all the confetti in the last shot!! No wonder they had problems skating after that. Being at the game must have been magical.